Lifetime Achievement Award" is the highest award of the Urban Planning Society of China, originally named Outstanding Contribution Award, renamed the Lifetime Achievement Award on September 11, 2009 at the ninth meeting of the third session of the Executive council members. The award recognizes outstanding contributions in the field of academic research in urban planning, the advancement of urban planning practice, and increase the influence of the Urban Planning Society of China. The Lifetime Achievement Award is appraised every four years along with the council election.
1. The laureate should love their motherland, have a good scientific spirit and professional ethics, seek truth from facts, be rigorous in their studies, and have a decent style of work.
2. The laureate should make great achievements in the field of urban planning research and be recognized by his or her counterparts at home and abroad. The laureate has been actively engaged in urban planning research, planning management, planning design or planning education for a long time. The laureate has made outstanding contributions to the advancement of urban planning and has a nationwide impact.
1. The Lifetime Achievement Award nominees are among the former presidents and vice-presidents of the UPSC Council.
1. UPSC organizational committee nominate the candidates
2. UPSC Council presidential meeting discussion
3. UPSC executive council members meeting for approval.
In 2019, in order to implement the National Strategy of Innovation-Driven Development and recognize individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions in planning profession, UPSC has initiated UPSC Science and Technology Award, which includes Preeminent Planner Award, Youth Award, Scientific and Technological Progress Award, and a few Specific Awards. Overly, UPSC Science and Technology Award are reviewed every other year.
National Office for Science and Technology Awards (NOSTA) is responsible for inspection and management of UPSC Science and Technology Award.
1.who has made major breakthroughs in contemporary scientific or technological frontiers that have outstanding achievements in the development of science and technology.
2.who has created huge economic or social benefits through scientific and technological innovations, achievements.
3.who are academicians from Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering.
No more than five recipients of the award per year.
In 2019, for the first Preeminent Planner Award, four recipients were rewarded during the 2019 ANPC in front of about 10000 planners.
In 2019, 1 paper won first-class award, 2 papers won second-class awards, 6 papers won third-class awards during the 2019 ANPC in front of about 10000 planners.
UPSC Sci-tech Award National outstanding planner, originally named National Excellent Urban Planning Scientific and Technological Worker, was established in 2010 to honor scientific and technological workers who are directly engaged in scientific research, design, management, teaching, popularization and service in the field of urban and rural planning. National outstanding planner is a once for a life title, which is appraised for every two years for at most ten people. Laureates shall receive their certificates and medals during biggest national planning conference, the annual national planning conference(ANPC).
Adhere to the four basic principles, have the spirit of patriotism, realism and innovation, the spirit of hard work and dedication, and the spirit of unity and cooperation, and abide by science and ethics in an exemplary manner, and meet one of the following conditions:
1. In scientific research, technological development, teaching or scientific research support work, there are innovative results or promote the development of disciplines and technologies;
2. In planning practice, he or she develops the application of the new technology and obtains the obvious economic benefit;
3. He or she has made outstanding achievements in the popularization of science.
The nominees are among all sci-tech workers in the planning profession.
The nominators include: executive council members of UPSC, academic and working committees of UPSC, enterprise members, and local branches of UPSC.
1. Round 1: the organizing committee of UPSC shall be responsible for the evaluation.
2. Round 2: the results of the evaluation should be approved by the council members executive members meeting.
＊Among the laureates, DUAN Jin, WANG Jinghui are promoted to be CAST "national outstanding science and technology worker".